- 1889 Jewfish ~ a weekly published by C. A. Sumner.
July 18, 1901 [LAH]: “Avalon, Santa Caalina Island. July 17. — Mrs. Harry Merriman and family are here for the summer in Camp Swanfeldt. Mrs. Merriman is a Catalina pioneer. She was a summer resident here when the island was owned by the late Mr. Shatto of Los Angeles and first made a resort. Her former husband, Mr. Kennedy, then of the Los Angeles Tribune, started a little paper here called the “Jewfish” which had a wide circulation among the tourists, who sent it to broadcast to their eastern friends...”
- 1893 Avalon Avalanche
- 1893 Avalon Crusoe 1893
- 1903-1914 The Wireless March 25, Volume 1 #1
- 1903: “A newspaper, 'The Wireless,' was started at Avalon on March 25, 1903. This is stated to have been the first newspaper in the world to receive its press notices by wireless telegraph.” [Williamson, M. Burton History of Santa Catalina Island in Historical Society of Southern California 1903 6(1):31.]
- 1908 Catalina Daily Mirror July 4 - September 1.
- 1914 The Islander
- The Islander, weekly newspaper of Santa Catalina Island, founded and owned by Ernest Windle, which began with its first issue on January 27, 1914. On March 31 it changed from a smaller 6 x 8 inch format to a larger 7 x 10-1/2 inch format. A year’s subscription was 75 cents. The paper was financed by the SCICO so they had a sympathetic newspaper.
- August 3, 1990 The Avalon Bay News published weekley.