Africano, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Africano, Santa Cruz Island (African District), a 66 acre fenced area in the Central Valley in which several varieties of grapes were planted under Caire ownership. It lies to the east of the Main Ranch, north of the road, and is bounded on the west by the New World District, and on the east by the American District. An 1898 map (#76) shows plots for Sauvignon, Grenache, and Burgundy grapes.