Agua Santa, Santa Cruz Island
Agua Santa, Santa Cruz Island (Cañada del Agua Santa) [Sp. Holy Water], is a fresh water spring which was developed in the 19th century to provide water to the west end of the island. It has a cemented water-holding box and is located at the lower end of a south-facing draw.
March 29, 1904 [SCICo National Diary 1903]: “A line of fence at Forney’s Cove was laid out on March 29, 1904. It starts from the southwest corner of the old hay field, runs directly to the reservoir of Agua Santa, then up and along the mount adjacent to the middle point of the second canyon north of Christy which bears water all the year round. It then runs towards the sea.”