First published in 1888. Quarterly journal of the Anthropological Society of Washington. In 1902, it merged with the American Anthropological Association, the world's largest organization of individuals interested in anthropology. By 1905 the journal also served the American Ethnological Society.
- 1891. Yates, Lorenzo G. Fragments of the History of a Lost Tribe American Anthropologist 4:373-376, 1891
- 1907. Rust, Horatio N. Archaeological Collections from San Miguel Island American Anthropologist 9:656-657, 1907
- 1913. Wardle, H. Newell Stone Implements of Surgery (?) from San Miguel Island, California American Anthropologist 15:656-660, 1913
- 1930. Harrington, M. R. Book review of Prehistoric Man of the Santa Barbara Coast American Anthropologist 32:693-697, 1930
- 1961. Hayden, Julian D. Malcolm Jennings Rogers, 1890–1960 American Anthropologist 63(6):1323–1324, 1961