Azimuth Mark, Santa Cruz Island
Azimuth Mark, Santa Cruz Island is a survey station established in 1874 by Stehman Forney. It was located “about 1 mile west of [station] Mesa, on the same ridge.” In 1934 Charles K. Green added:
- “the station is about 1/2 mile west of triangulation station Mesa and about 1/2 mile east of the low point of the ridge, running through the island from east to west. The best way to reach the station is to make for the first rise of the east of triangulation station Santa Cruz West from Forney’s Cove.”
A standard disk was set in concrete. This triangulation station appears on the Santa Cruz Island Sheet A topographic map.
The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996.
- [UTM 11: North 3,773,103.307 East 233,153.884].