BAILEY, Henry Clay (1830-1916) was born in Shelby County, Kentucky. He married Harriet Amanda Bainbridge (1828-1907) on November 4, 1851, in Macoupin County, Illinois, and they had 11 children, all of whom were born before the family moved to Avalon:
- Frederick William Bailey (1851-1851)
- Mary Elizabeth Bailey (1854-1946)
- Harriet “Hattie” Francis Bailey (1855-1946)
- Walter Silas Bailey (1858-1914)
- Ida Marie Bailey (1860-1924)
- Louis Albert Bailey (1862-1941)
- Robert Watkins Bailey (
- Ann Katherine Bailey (1865-1918)
- Callie May Bailey (1868-1868)
- Nellie May Bailey (1870-1871)
- Henrietta Clay Bird Bailey (1873-1958)
The family was living in Avalon in 1880 when the census was taken. By 1900 they were living in Long Beach, California.
H. C. Bailey died on March 16, 1916, in Long Beach, California, at the age of 86.