BAJA CALIFORNIA: EARLY HISTORY, MISSIONS, FRANCISCANS, JESUITS ETC.
Revision as of 00:12, 21 August 2021 by MDaily (Created page with " <h2 id="mp-tfa-h2" style="margin:3px; background:#3B9661; font-size:120%; font-weight:bold; border:1px solid #3B9661; text-align:left; color:#000000; padding:0.2em 0.4em;"><...")
BAJA CALIFORNIA: EARLY HISTORY, MISSIONS, JESUITS (1683-1767), FRANCISCANS (1768-1773), DOMINICANS (1773-1855).
- [Venegas, Father Miguel.] . A Natural and Civil History of California USA: Readex Microprint, (1966). Blue cloth in two volumes. 455 & 387 pages.
- A member of the Society of Jesus, who sometime before the middle of the 18th century collected a considerable body of notes on California. After his death, another member of the Society gathered, edited and published his work in 3 volumes in Madrid in 1757. This reprint of the 1759 edition was translated from the Spanish and published in London; this from the 3-volumes published in Spanish as Noticia de la California (Madrid, 1757).
- [two volume set in SCIF archives; ex-lib MDD]
- Engelhardt, Fr. Zephyrin. The Franciscans in California. Harbor Springs, Michigan: Holy Child Indian School, 1897. Black cloth. 516 pages. Ex-lib. Taped broken binding.
- Inscribed: To his honor R. Hazard with kind regards. Rev. P. Kilian Schloesser, O. F. M. Commissary Prov. Santa Barbara, April 25th, 1898.
- [original in SCIF archives; ex-lib MDD, pd. $100]
- Engelhardt, Fr. Zephyrin. The Missions and Missionaries of California Vol. 1, Lower California. Second edition. Santa Barbara: Mission Santa Barbara, 1929.
- [original in SCIF archives]
- [MEIGS, Peveril Jr.|Meigs, Peveril Jr.]]. The Dominican Mission Frontier of Lower California Berkeley: UC Press, 1935.