Bluff, Santa Cruz Island
Bluff, Santa Cruz Island is a survey station established in 1874 by Stehman Forney. It was located
- “on the first high, bold bluff southwest from the West End ranch house, near the edge of the sea bluff. About 20 yards from the base of this bluff is a large rock.”
The station is marked on Forney’s 1875 survey map. In 1934, Charles K. Green noted “portions of this bluff have slid away and it is evident that the station has been lost accordingly. A hydrographic mark set in concrete was placed on top of the point.” [UTM 11: North 3,767,597 East 233,963].