Cactus 2, San Miguel Island
Cactus 2, San Miguel Island is a re-establishment of Greenwell's survey station Cactus by Stehman Forney in 1871. Forney noted “the description of Superintendent Greenwell will serve to identify this station” located on the southeast quarter of the island.
In 1934, surveyor Robert W. Knox failed to relocate the original station, and a new one was established. This triangulation station appears on the San Miguel Island East topographic map.
[UTM 10: North 3,767,815 East 747,140]