Camel, West Anacapa Island
Camel, West Anacapa Island is a triangulation station established in 1951 by Lorne G. Taylor. It is located:
“on the second highest point of Anacapa Island which is approximately in the center of the island. Station may be most conveniently reached mity of the island and ascending the ridge in an easterly direction past the highest point to the second highest point about 1 mile eastward.”
The station is marked with a standard disk stamped CAMEL NO 1 1951. It is at an elevation of 811 feet.