Cape, San Miguel Island

From WikiName
Jump to: navigation, search


Cape, San Miguel Island is a survey station established in 1858 by William E. Greenwell and revisited by Stehman Forney 1871. It is located east of Cuyler's Harbor “on a conspicuous rocky peak, the first point east of the anchorage.”

In 1934, Robert W. Knox revisited the site, stating it was “approximately 1-1/2 miles southeast of the anchorage.” He remarked the station with a standard disk stamped CAPE cemented into the ground. This triangulation station appears on the San Miguel Island East topographic map.

[UTM 10: North 3,769,918 East 746,840]