Cape, San Miguel Island

From WikiName
Revision as of 23:48, 30 August 2014 by MDaily (talk | contribs) (Created page with " <span style="color:#FF0000">'''Cape, San Miguel Island'''</span> is a survey station established in 1858 by William E. Greenwell and revisited by Stehman Forney 1871. It is...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


Cape, San Miguel Island is a survey station established in 1858 by William E. Greenwell and revisited by Stehman Forney 1871. It is located east of Cuyler's Harbor “on a conspicuous rocky peak, the first point east of the anchorage.”

In 1934, Robert W. Knox revisited the site, stating it was “approximately 1-1/2 miles southeast of the anchorage.” He remarked the station with a standard disk stamped CAPE cemented into the ground. This triangulation station appears on the San Miguel Island East topographic map.

[UTM 10: North 3,769,918 East 746,840]