Cape Hatteras (#WPB95305) (1953-1991+), 95-foot shallow-draft steel-hulled antisubmarine warfare craft (ASW) built in response to increasing tensions during the post World War II years. These cutters remained unnamed until January, 1964. Cape Hatteras was built in Curtis Bay, Maryland and commissioned July 28, 1953. She was stationed in the Long Beach-San Pedro-Santa Barbara area from 1953 until 1973. She was decommissioned March 14, 1991 and transferred to Mexico.