Casa Vieja, Santa Cruz Island
Casa Vieja [Sp. old house], Santa Cruz Island is located at the Christy Ranch, one of several satellite ranches on the island. Its date of construction is unknown, however a mural containing a decorated cross painted in one of the bedrooms is dated 1864. The building is of adobe, a story and a half tall. It contains two bedrooms, a living room, and a room formerly used as the kitchen. Upstairs is one large room with sloped walls. In 1980 it underwent a major restoration under the direction of Carey Stanton. For many years it served as the hub of operations for the Santa Cruz Island Hunt Club.