Center, Santa Cruz Island
Center, Santa Cruz Island is a survey station established by William E. Greenwell in 1856. It was remarked in 1934 by Charles K. Greene. as Center 2. The station is:
- “on the top of a high red bare ridge in a series of humps forming continuous ridge bordering the south side of the Central Valley on Santa Cruz Island, and is two miles west of the Main Ranch, from which it is reached by going west on the trail and then up the ridge. The recovery of station Center 1874 was doubtful, and station location was recomputed from later observations from Santa Rosa Island, showing variation of over a meter, so station names Center 2. Surface and reference marks are standard bronze discs set in concrete as described in notes 1c and 11c.”
The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1966.
- [UTM 11 3,764,999.371 East 245,722.518]