Corral Point, Santa Cruz Island
Corral Point, Santa Cruz Island is on the south side of the island between Laguna Harbor to the west and Alamos Anchorage to the east. In 1934 Charles K. Green established a survey station on this “very sharp, rocky, precipitous point two miles east of Gull Island.” The station’s elevation is 69 feet where a standard disk is set in concrete. The surveyor noted that landing on the sand beach [Laguna Harbor] in the bite just west of the station was dangerous. This triangulation station appears on the Santa Cruz Island Sheet B topographic map. [UTM 11: North 3,761,166 East 424,214].