Dakin’s Cove, Santa Catalina Island
Dakin’s Cove, Santa Catalina Island was an early name for the City of Avalon, incorporated on June 26, 1913. The area of the city’s location had been called Bay of Seven Moons, Timm’s Landing, and Dakin’s Cove, prior to being named Avalon in 1887 under ownership of George Shatto. U.S. Fish Commission vessel, Albatross, referred to Dakin’s Cove as late as 1897.