Delphine’s Grove, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Delphine’s Grove, Santa Cruz Island (Cypress Grove) is located on the east end of the island on the hills to the east of Scorpion Ranch. This small grove of Monterey cypress (Cupressus macrocarpa) was planted by Delphine Caire (1856-1949), Justinian Caire’s daughter, in the late 19th century. Today these trees stand out starkly against the pastoral landscape of the area. The 1978 NOAA map #18720, Point Dume to Purisima Point, indicates Delphine’s Grove as “Clump of Trees.”

» Monterey cypress