Drift, Santa Rosa Island
Drift, Santa Rosa Island is a survey station established in 1934 by Charles K. Green. It was located:
- “midway of Bechers Bay at the end of the sand beach that leads southeastward from the wharf. Here the sand drifts up against the bluffs. The station is on the bluff top looking north along the beach. A cairn of rocks was built up around the station. Elevation above high water mark 58 feet.”
The station was marked with a standard disk. This triangulation station appears on the Santa Rosa Island East topographic map. [UTM 10: North 3,764,845 East 774,465; UTM 11: North 3,765,001 East 220,207].