East Base, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

East Base, Santa Cruz Island is a survey station established by William E. Greenwell and his aid, Preston C. F. West on Saturday, October 11, 1856.

“It is three hundred meters from the house occupied by Dr. Shaw, in an easterly direction; it is situated about the center of the valley.”

Readings were taken off the “chimney of Dr. Shaw’s house.”