El Encanto, Santa Catalina Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

El Encanto, Santa Catalina Island, located at 163 Crescent Avenue in Avalon, was originally known as El Paseo de El Encanto, “Promenade of Enchantment.” El Encanto International Marketplace was dedicated in August 1933. Strolling troubadours, magicians, puppeteers, and artists creating their wares were once a part of El Encanto. The facility was home to gift and curio shops and restaurants that featured Mexican and American food in the colorful marketplace, making it a favorite place to shop and dine in Avalon.

Today the building is home to the Encanto Cafe and Spa, a transformation executed by the building's owner, the Santa Catalina Island Company. After lengthy construction changes and replacements, the Spa opened in 2014.