End, Santa Cruz Island
End, Santa Cruz Island is a survey station established in 1934 by Charles K. Green It is located near the eastern end of the island’s central valley.
- “A high ridge running east-west forms the south side of the central valley on Santa Cruz Island. Near its east end (Valley Anchorage) it makes a sharp turn to the south, then turns east again, descending gradually to Valley Anchorage. At this latter turn, an arm extends south descending towards the shore, and on this the station is located. It is not on the top, but about 50 meters down the slope towards the sea.”
The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1966.
- [UTM 11: North 3,763,306.667 East 252,493.749]