Forney’s Flats, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Long wooled coludo on flats east of Forneys. Feed typical of areas on which sheep range freely.
Santa Cruz Island, Symmes, 1922
Flats east of Forneys showing caves in volcanic rock, formerly inhabited by Indians.
Santa Cruz Island, Symmes, 1922

Forney’s Flats, Santa Cruz Island (West End Flats) is the name given to the broad expanse of mesas on the north side of the island at its western end. They are named for Stehman Forney.