Frenchy’s Cove, Anacapa Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Frenchy's Cove, West Anacapa Island 2008
Photo by Robert Schwemmer, NOAA

Frenchy’s Cove, Anacapa Island is located in the north side of West Anacapa. It is named for Raymond “Frenchy” LeDreau, long-time resident fisherman on West Anacapa Island who occupied several cabins at the site where he lived for almost three decades.

In February, 1901 the vessel, Dawn, was wrecked in this vicinity. In October, 1952 remains of the vessel, Del Rio, drifted onto the beach as the boat burned.

Today Frenchy's Cove serves as the most popular landing spot on West Anacapa Island.







Top of Page