John’s Place, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Revision as of 15:15, 24 May 2015 by MDaily (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

John’s Place, Santa Cruz Island today is known as the Christy Ranch. When William E. Greenwell placed his survey stations on the island in 1856 and 1857, he referred to John’s Place in giving directions to Ragged Mountain. Greenwell also named a survey station on the north ridge after John, today known as John’s Peak.