Kelp, San Nicolas Island

From WikiName
Jump to: navigation, search

Kelp, San Nicolas Island is a triangulation station established by William E. Greenwell of the U.S. Coast Survey in 1858. It is located at the extreme southeast end of the central mesa. As Greenwell described it: “The ground is covered with low sage bushes at this end of the island, but in the immediate vicinity of the signal it is more or less free of these.”