Kinton, Santa Cruz Island
Kinton, Santa Cruz Island is a triangulation station established in 1874 by Stehman Forney:
- “The best way to reach the station is to make a boat landing at the foot of the bluff on which hydrographic station is located and make south along the beach to the foot of the bluff on which the station is located.”
This triangulation station appears on the Santa Cruz Island Sheet A topographic map.
The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996.
- [UTM 11: North 3,766,753.386 East 233,519.447]