Madroño (1916-2016), quarterly publication of the California Botanical Society. Scientific journal of peer-reviewed research articles on the natural history of Western American botanical organisms and vegetation, including those of Mexico, Central America, and South America. Original research papers and notes (in English or Spanish) on ecology, systematics, floristics, restoration, conservation biology, and other areas of organismal botany are routinely found in Madroño.
- 1954. Steere, William C. Bryophyta of Santa Catalina Island Madroño 12(6):180-189, April 1954
- [original in SCIF archives]
- 1961. Blake, S. F. 1961. Edward Palmer's Visit to Guadalupe Island, Mexico, in 1875 Madroño 16(1):1-32, January 20, 1961
- 1967. Raven, Peter. Calamagrostis rubens on Santa Cruz Island, California Madroño 19:63, 1967
- 1972. Philbrick, Ralph. The Plants of Santa Barbara Island, California Madroño 21(5):329-353, Pt. 2, 1972
- [original separate in SCIF archives]
- 1972. DeDecker, Mary and Delbert Wiens. Rare Natural Hybridization in Phoradendron (Viscaceae). Madroño 21(6):395-402. Stapled separate. Inscribed "For Marla Daily. Mary DeDecker."
- [original in SCIF archives; ex-lib MDD]