Man, Santa Rosa Island
Man, Santa Rosa Island, survey station established in 1934 by Robert W. Knox It was located “on the bluff-top overlooking the Southeast Anchorage at Bechers Bay at the point where the sand beach running northwest from Skunk Point ends. Station marked by standard disk set in irregular mass of concrete. A long point of rocks juts out from the point directly below the station.” In 1966 a surveyor reported the station may eventually be lost if the bluff continues to slough off into the surf. This triangulation station appears on the Santa Rosa Island East topographic map. [UTM 10: North 3,764,334 East 775,820; UTM 11: 3,764,411 East 221,529].