Mary’s Harbor, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Mary’s Harbor, Santa Cruz Island is a little used name with at least two different published locations. Symmes [1922: map appendix] indicates Mary’s Harbor is located in today’s Lady’s Harbor. David Banks Rogers uses the name for a location west of Diablo Point and east of Lady’s Harbor. [Rogers 1929: 275]. In 1922 Horace Sexton wrote:

“...they took us for a boat ride, going down to Orizaba, then up the coast past Fry’s, Point Diablo, Arch Rock, Mary’s Harbor, Gull Rock, Lady’s Harbor, stopping at Valdez Harbor...”