Mid, Santa Rosa Island
Mid, Santa Rosa Island is a survey station established in 1934 by Robert W. Knox It was located:
- “on the top of the long ridge running down from station Lopez, about 1-1/2 miles west of the Wreck Canyon 250 meters in from the shore at an elevation of about 200 feet. The best way to reach the station is to make a landing at Ford Point and walk westward along the shore to the station.”
It was marked with a standard disk. This triangulation station appears on the Santa Rosa Island South topographic map. [UTM 10: North 3,756,098 East 769,767; UTM 11: North 3,756,543 East 215,005].