Olson’s Cave, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Carey Stanton (left) and Campbell Grant visiting
Olson's Cave, Santa Cruz Island, 1981
Photograph by Marla Daily

Olson's Cave, Santa Cruz Island is located on a gentle slope of the island's north shore to the east of Orizaba Rock. It is one of the few Native American caves on Santa Cruz Island that contains pictographs. The cave is named for archaeologist, Ronald Olson, who worked on the island in 1928 and 1929.










Top of Page