Palo Parado, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search
PALO PARADO.jpg

Palo Parado, Santa Cruz Island


May 16, 1889 [Goodyear:159]: “There are isolated patches of white rock scattered here and there all over the northern part of the lower eastern portions of the island. On the west side of Palo Parado Bluff, and not more than two hundred or three hundred feet from the survey station, the white rock goes down in a sort of wedge-shape to the water's edge, the line of contact between it and the black basalt immediately north of it being almost vertical.”