Ravenswood, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Ravenswood, Santa Cruz Island was a Caire family favorite picnic spot among a grove of oak trees in Cañada del Puerto about midway between the Main Ranch and Prisoners’ Harbor on the west side of the creek bed. Occasionally visitors were allowed to camp there as well.



In the News~

May 10, 1906 [SCICo National Diary 1903]: “Baby [horse] broke his leg along La Playa creek near Ravenswood. Giuseppe was the driver.”


April 5, 1920 [SCICo]: “Mr. Hogg, Gay and Mr. Johnson are camping at Ravenswood with permission of the San Francisco office.”