Difference between revisions of "SAN CLEMENTE ISLAND HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS"

From WikiName
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 469: Line 469:
  
  
File:SHOBA.jpg|<center>SHOBA unexploded ordinance,<br> San Clemente Island, 1986.</center>
+
File:SHOBA.jpg|<center>SHOBA unexploded ordnance,<br> San Clemente Island, 1986.</center>
 
File:SClem ordinance.png|<center></center>
 
File:SClem ordinance.png|<center></center>
  

Latest revision as of 16:06, 1 August 2020




Top of Page



Ranching Photos (pre-military) on San Clemente Island 1930-1935



Top of Page


Top of Page


Top of Page


Top of Page


Top of Page


Top of Page


Top of Page

Ranching Photos (undated)
  • Grazing Sheep
  • Sheep and kid
  • Loading the Nora
  • Scabby Sheep
  • Scabby Sheep
  • The Mighty Wool Balers
  • Riders on SCLI
  • Horsewomen riding on SCLI
  • Man on Harrow
  • Man with dolly
  • Ranch hands
  • Riders
  • Rider
  • In the Garden
  • Wild oats & horseback riders
  • Wild oats & horseback rider
  • Riders
  • Round up Riders
  • Roundup
  • Roundup
  • San Clemente Horsemen
  • Vaquero with horse herd
  • Image gallery placeholder.jpg
  • Top of Page

    Military Operations on San Clemente Island

    San Clemente Island was acquired by the U.S. Navy in 1934. It is the Navy's only remaining ship-to-shore live firing range, the center of the integrated air/land/sea San Clemente Island Range Complex with an active sonar base, a simulated embassy for commando training, a rocket-test facility, the Naval Auxiliary Landing Field and a Navy SEAL training facility.

    Top of Page

    Military Presence on San Clemente Island 1936-1939


    The control of San Clemente Island was transferred from the Department of Commerce to the Navy for the development of fleet training facilities. During 1935-1936, twenty-two (22) major administrative, utility, and personnel support facilities were constructed at Camp Tarrant (Wilson Cove) which included the communications and operations building (60101), headquarters building (60102), the galley-messhall (60103), the fire station (60143), the pier (60145), several personnel berthing facilities, and a number of utility support structures.


    Top of Page


    Military Presence on San Clemente Island 1940s

    Top of Page


    Military Photos on San Clemente Island 1950s



    Top of Page


    Military Photos on San Clemente Island 1960s



    Top of Page


    Military Presence on San Clemente Island 1970s

    Top of Page



    Military Presence on San Clemente Island 1980s

    Top of Page


    Building Boom on San Clemente Island 2016

    Top of Page