SEXTON, Horace (1885-1971), Santa Barbara-born son of Joseph Sexton and Lucy Ann Foster, the large and prominent Goleta family, he made repeated visits to Santa Cruz Island. August 20, 1907 he returned from a Santa Cruz Island excursion aboard Gussie M with about two dozen friends. In 1922 he kept an account of a two week camping trip to Santa Cruz Island. Sexton was also a friend of both photographer Ralph Paulin and Captain Mortimer Rodehaver and they traveled to the islands together.
Horace Sexton = Ella May Morton (1890-1960)
- 1. Don Kenyon Sexton (1922-1984)
- 2. Bruce Douglas Sexton (1924-2012)
- 1981. Sexton, Horace Our Trip to Santa Cruz Island (1922) Noticias 27:2 (20-30) Summer 1981
- 1994. Sexton, Horace Our Trip to Santa Cruz Island Santa Cruz Island Foundation Occasional Paper #1 (11-26), 1989 (1994)
- 1959. Sexton, Horace The Wreck of the Cuba Noticias 5:3, 1959.
In the News~
August 28, 1906 [SBMP]: “The sailboat Vixen, in charge of Captain Don Leach, made a trip to Santa Cruz Island on Saturday with Edgar Montague, Horace Johnstone, Horace Sexton, and Teddy Conant aboard...”