South Coast Canning Company

From WikiName
Jump to: navigation, search


South Coast Canning Company



In the News~

July 6, 1912 [San Pedro News Pilot]: “San Pedro men open cannery at Long Beach. The South Coast Canning company has opened its new canning plant on the Long Beach inner harbor near the site of the Submarine Boat company, for the purpose of canning tuna and other fish. The company will eventually invest $50,000 in the business, will employ 150 people and will have a capacity of from 500 to 600 cases a day. Already 60 people are employed. The canned product will be shipped to various eastern markets. The officers of the new company are George Evich, president; Clause Privett, vice president; and N. J. Kuglis, secretary-treasurer. They were unable to get a desirable location at San Pedro.”