Trasquila, Santa Cruz Island
Trasquila, Santa Cruz Island [Sp. sheep-shearing shed] is located to the west of the Main Ranch complex. It is a long rectangular wooden building raised on brick pilings to the height of a wagon bed, and was constructed sometime prior to 1869. The trasquila served as the shearing shed for island sheep operations until sometime in the early 1940s when shearing operations were discontinued, at which time this building was converted for ranch storage.