West Base, Santa Cruz Island

From Islapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

West Base, Santa Cruz Island is a survey station established by William E. Greenwell and his aid, Preston C. F. West on Saturday, October 11, 1856.

“It is about four hundred meters in a WNW’ly direction from the house occupied by Dr. Shaw; it is about fifty meters from the end of a fence which runs diagonally from west side of the sheep corral.”